Charnwood W590 12'' x 9'' Planer Thicknesser
Product Code: CH/W590
Stock Due Soon
Please Call For Update
£1,899.00 Inc. VAT
£1,582.50 Exc. VAT
12" x 9" Planer Thicknesser
Planer Thicknesser with:
- Precision Ground Cast Iron Beds
- 4hp, 240v Induction Motor
- 3 Knife Cutterblock for Superior Finish
- 12'' Planing Capacity
- 12'' x 9'' Thicknessing Capacity
- Rubber Coated Outfeed Roller
- 100mm diameter Dust Extraction Outlet
- Optional Wheel Base Available
Strengths and benefits
- Long precision ground cast iron beds help to ensure accurate planing up to 12' wide. The Aluminium fence is over 1 metre in length, can be tilted to 45 degrees and can be moved across the cutterblock to extend the life of the blades when working with narrower timber. A lever located at the end of the infeed bed adjusts the planing depth between 0 and 3mm reading from the large scale.
- The outstanding feature of this machine is that both planing tables are hinged and lift together as one. In addition to that, the planing fence can be left in place so that changing function from planing to thicknessing is quick and easy. Once the table had been raised, it locks into position and the cutter guard swings into place. The whole operation takes only seconds.
- A large handwheel adjusts the thicknessing bed height with a scale marked out in mm and a lock to ensure accuracy when machining a batch of components. In addition we include a micro adjuster to set the thicknesser height to an accuracy of 0.1mm.
- The drive mechanism for the thicknesser can be disengaged during planing operations to save wear & tear on those moving parts.
- Supplied with 100mm dust extraction outlet, 4 adjustable feet, 16amp industrial plug (round blue type)
- Requires a 16amp electric supply.
- Surfacing width: 305mm (12")
- Length of surfacing tables: 1290mm
- Maximum depth of cut: 3mm
- Fence tilt: 90 - 45 degrees
- Table height: 850mm
- Thicknessing capacity: 5-230mm (1/4"-9")
- Length of thicknessing table: 545mm
- Feed speed: 7m/min
- Maximum depth of cut: 4.5mm
- Cutterblock speed: 5500rpm
- Number of knives: 3
- Motor: (induction) 3000w (4hp), 240v
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 1290mm x 1000mm x 600mm
- Weight: 210kg
- Rating: Trade
- Warranty: 1 Year
It is essential to use dust extraction with a planer thicknesser. The extractor removes all the dust and chips which will otherwise build up, causing a blockage and eventually damage to the machine. Using an extractor also increases the life of the knives.
Charnwood W590 Operators Manual
W590 Planer Thicknesser On Test Good Woodworking August 2012.
Related Products & Accessories