Charnwood W588 8'' x 5'' Bench Top Planer Thicknesser
Product Code: CH/W588
Stock Due Soon
Please Call For Update
£329.00 Inc. VAT
£274.17 Exc. VAT
Charnwood W588 8" x 5" Bench Top Planer Thicknesser
- A compact and portable planer thicknesser.
- 8'' Planing Capacity
- 8'' x 5'' Thicknessing Capacity
- Aluminium Tables To Minimise Weight
- Extruded Guide Fence For Accuracy
- Tilting Fence With Twin Guides
- Rubber Coated Feed Rollers
- 100mm Diameter Chip Extraction Outlet
Strengths and benefits
- Light enough to move off the bench when not in use and yet tough enough to produce 8" x 5" timber into flat and dimensioned pieces. The planing beds are precision ground aluminium and the guide fence is a rigid aluminium extrusion which can be tilted and locked at any angle up to 45 degrees when required.
- The steel thicknessing bed has an extension arm on the outfeed side and is supported in each corner by chain driven adjusting screws. Once the height is set, rubber coated feed rollers pass the timber through the high speed cutterblock leaving a beautiful finish with no roller marks.
- The dust hood is particularly good, fitting onto the thicknessing bed during planing operations and then moved over the top when thicknessing. As a safety feature a location sensor detects that the dust hood has been correctly fitted before allowing the motor to run.
- Supplied with re-grindable knives, 100mm diameter dust extraction outlet, blade setting tool, 4 adjustable rubber feet, cable and plug.
- Surfacing width 200mm
- Length of surfacing tables 740mm
- Maximum depth of cut 3mm
- Fence tilt 90 - 45
- Table height 360mm
- Thicknessing capacity 5 - 125mm
- Length of thicknessing table 270mm
- Feed speed 8m/min
- Maximum depth of cut 2mm
- Cutterblock speed 8000rpm
- Number of knives 2
- Motor (carbon brush) 1500w
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 790mm x 420mm x 470mm
- Weight 28kg
- Rating Hobby
- Warranty 1 Year
It is essential to use dust extraction with a planer thicknesser. The extractor removes all the dust and chips which will otherwise build up, causing a blockage and eventually damage to the machine. Using an extractor also increases the life of the knives