Charnwood B300 12" Premium Bandsaw
Product Code: CH/B300
£679.00 Inc. VAT
£565.83 Exc. VAT
Charnwood B300 - 12" Premium Woodworking - Bandsaw with Stand and Worklight
Strengths and benefits
- A floorstanding woodworking bandsaw with a cutting capacity of 150mm (6"), big enough for most workshops. The power is delivered by a quiet induction motor with a belt drive to the bandsaw wheel. A two speed pulley allows the correct blade speed to be selected, depending on the hardness of the material being cut. The key to straight and accurate cutting on a bandsaw is to have a good set of blade guides. The B300 has three sealed bearings on the blade guard. Two mounted side-on to the blade to control blade twist and keep it true. The rear bearing takes the thrust of the back of the blade allowing it to run freely. The same setup is then repeated beneath the table.
- The cast iron table tilts from 90 degrees to 45 degrees, on a rack & pinion, and has a positive stop at both of those positions. Any angle in between can be read off the scale and locked in. For rip cuts the guide fence can be situated on either side of the blade, can be locked into position with a single press of the lever and has a clear marker to set against the metric scale. The fence itself can be fitted in two ways. When cutting thicker material the full face height of 60mm is used. When cutting thin and narrow strips the fence is fitted with the small face, against the blade to allow clearance around the guides. The bandsaw is fitted with an LED work light on a flexible stem, so that the work area will always be well lit.
- The two doors are fitted with safety locks which cut power to the motor when the doors are open for blade changing or cleaning.
- Tensioning the blade correctly is made simple thanks to the features on this premium model. A blade tension lever quickly sets the tension. After a blade change fine tuning can be carried out with the aid of a tension indicator and scale. The required tension varies according to blade width. A window in the top door allows the operator to confirm blade tension is correct and make an adjustment when necessary.
- A dust extractor is always recommended when using a bandsaw. The dust collection outlet has 3 rings which allow it to accept 3 sizes of hose, 50mm, 75mm & 100mm diameter making it compatible with any type of extraction system. If extraction is not being used however, the bandsaw is fitted with an integral dust collection draw. Dust falling into the base of the machine will be collected here, allowing it to be quickly and easily emptied.
- Supplied with 1/2'' x 4tpi blade, rip fence, mitre fence, work light, floorstand, cable and plugPremium Grade 12'' Woodworking Bandsaw.
- 6'' Cutting Depth Capacity
- 12'' Cutting Width (Throat)
- Supplied with High Quality British Made Blade
- Precision Ground Cast Iron Work Table
- Quick Action Locking On Rip Fence
- Crosscutting Mitre Guide Included
- Quiet Induction Motor
- Mains Powered LED work Light
- Integral Dust Collection Tray
- Includes Floorstand
- Primarily used for Woodworking
- Maximum cutting depth 165mm (6")
- Throat width 305mm (12")
- Table size 480mm x 390mm
- Table Height 1000mm
- Table tilt 0-45 degrees
- Cutting speed 800 & 370m/min
- Motor (induction) 750w (1hp)
- Blade length 2240mm
- Blade widths 6-20mm (1/4" - 3/4")
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 790 x 580 x 1600mm
- Weight 67Kg
- Rating Trade
- Warranty 5 Years
Charnwood Machinery 5 Year Guarantee
Charnwood B300 Operators Manual
Related Products & Accessories