Laguna P Flux 1 HEPA Cyclone Dust Extractor with Fine Filter 1.5hp 240v
The P Flux Cyclone series is not only one of the most radical designs to ever hit the market, but excels due to its many innovative details, such as the SmartDrum which is equipped with an infrared sensor that lights up the LED on the control panel when the drums needs emptying.
A second sensor is mounted inside the canister and sends a signal to the LED when pressure rises, alerting user to clean the HEPA canister. Acoustic foam lines the inside of the dual swing away doors lowering noise levels.
When lifting the drum into position, a connector on the back of the drum automatically hooks up to a pipe in the cyclone, creating a low pressure in bottom of the drum. This is designed to hold down the plastic bag to avoid it being sucked up into the cone during use. No other cyclone or dust extractor has such a smart system. If you choose to use the P Flux without a bag you can simply shut off the system using a valve, offering you speed and flexibility.
With HEPA class filtration and market leading airflow, this high end cyclone is ideal for anyone looking to minimise workshop dust.
Sporting standard black HEPA filtration the P Flux series is filled with innovative details
- LED shows when drum is full
- LED shows when filter needs cleaning
- Swing-away doors sport acoustic foam on the inside to lower noise level.
- Part Number: PFLUX1
- Motor: 1100w (1.5hp)
- Power Supply: 220-240V / 50Hz / 1PH
- Recommended Breaker Size (MCB): 20 Amps (Type D)
- 6ft. 3 Wire Cord with No Plug: Yes
- RPM: 2800
- Control Panel: Anodized Aluminium
- Hand-Held Remote Control: High frequency
- Cannister Clean Warning: LED
- Drum Full Warning: LED
- Airflow (Traditional Method): 1786m3/hour (1051cfm)
- Airflow (Realistic Method): 1224m3/hour (720cfm)
- Max. Static Pressure: 256mm in water (10.1")
- Inlet diameters: 1x 150mm or 2 x 100mm (1 x 6" or 2 x 4")
- Impeller: 340mm (13.5") Steel Radial Fin
- Drum Collection Capacity: 145 Litre octagonal drum
- Bag Hold Down: Auto Negative Pressure
- Canister Filter Type: HEPA 100% @ 1 micron
- Filtration Efficiency: 99.2% @ 0.4 micron
- Cannister Cleaning: Use External Air Compressor
- Decibel Reading: 70 dB(A) @ 3m
- Drum Collection Bag Layflat Size: 810 x 1090mm (32" x 43")
- Dimensions: 1168mm x 610mm x 1753mm
- Weight (Net/Ship): 122Kg/150Kg
WHY CHOOSE A CYCLONE OVER STANDARD BAG EXTRACTION
Quite simply, the main difference is a more consistent and far superior performance. This is because cyclones effectively separate the heavy waste material from the fine dust, leaving the airflow path free from heavy waste as it passes through the impellor. This allows the impellor to operate more effectively and it eliminates the inconsistent rate of suction often experienced with standard bag extractors. The fine filters on cyclones also take longer to ‘clog up’ compared with traditional bag extractors, again helping to produce a far superior air flow and performance.
Due to the relative nature of measuring CFM, it is best to trust companies that are transparent with how they arrive at their figures. Here at Laguna Tools we take our measurements based on applicable dust collection scenarios. Instead of collecting data at the port of the machine, we take our measurements in the front half of a 12.5foot testing hose. While this is a bigger size than the standard 10foot tube, it helps provide a more accurate measurement of the realistic CFM. We also test it with different air inlet sizes to arrive at an even more precise measurement for buyer convenience. The diagram on the right illustrates where we place the air pressure meter and how it is set up.