Tormek T-4 Wetstone Grinder
Sharpening System Package
c/w HTK-706 Handtool Kit
Tormek T-4 Wetstone Grinder
TORMEK T-4 is an enhancement of the T‑3 model taking the precision and stability to a completely new level. Vital functions like the motor and the main shaft are mounted in the zinc cast top which includes the integrated sleeves for the Universal Support. This advanced design ensures an unbeatable precision for the Universal Support, which is the foundation of the Tormek jig system.
You get a high quality machine ideal for home and hobby work which can sharpen all the common edge tools. Delivered with the Stone Grader SP-650, AngleMaster WM-200, Honing compound, DVD and the comprehensive Tormek Handbook on sharpening. Configure the T-4 with your choice of jigs according to the tools that you are choosing to sharpen. The jigs are sold separately.
- Dimensions: Width 230 mm (9 1/16"), Depth 200 mm (7 7/8"), Height 260 mm (10¼")
- Weight: Shipping weight 9.8 kg, Machine only 8.0 kg
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, 200 × 40mm 120 rpm, torque 8.4 Nm
- Leather Honing Wheel: 145 × 26mm
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft and stone hardware. EzyLock in composite.
- Housing: Zinc cast top, Impact resistant ABS plastic
- Motor: Industrial single phase, 120 W (input)
- 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz. Duty 30 min/hour, Maintenance free.
- Silent running, 54 dB. 10,000 hour life
The Tormek T-4 Sharpening System comes with the following accessories:
Tormek HTK-706 Hand Tool Kit
With this Tormek Handtool kit HTK706 kit you are ready to give your common hand tools a whole new edge. The two knife jigs will handle most knives including chef's knives, filleting knives and hobby knives. The scissors jig can be used for general sized paper scissors as well as your heavy garden shears. With the axe jig you can sharpen carving axes to an edge you did not think possible for an axe. Also included is the short tool jig for short carving tools and chisels down to 45mm. Contains the following Tormek jigs: SVM-45 Short Knife Jig, SVM-140 Long Thin Knife Jig, SVX-150 Scissor Jig, SVS-38 Short Tool Jig, SVA-170 Axe Grinding Kit and SVM-00 Small Knife Holder. All packed in a quality storage box for bench or wall mounting.
- SVM-45 Short knife jig
- SVM-00 Small Knife Holder
- SVM-140 Long thin knife jig
- SVX-150 Scissor jig
- SVS-38 Short tool jig
- SVA-170 Axe grinding kit
- All contained in a quality storage box
For most knives. Width 45 mm (1¾"). Long knives need to be stiff. Min blade length 60 mm (2 3/8"). Also for carvers draw knives.
Small Knife Holder
Enables you to sharpen the smallest knife blades like carving knives and pocket knives. Works in conjunction with the SVM-45 jig.
Long Knife Jig
Suitable for long and flexible knives. The 140 mm (5½") width of the jig stabilizes a thin blade. Min blade length 160 mm (6 3/8").
For scissors of all sizes and shears. Also suitable for portable electric hand planer blades.
Short Tool Jig
For straight shanked carving gouges and V-tools down to 45 mm (1¾") length. Short wood chisels and tools for power carvers.
For carving and carpenter's axes. Max. axe size 170 mm (6½").