Website Support Assistant - In-House
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery St Austell, Cornwall
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery is looking to recruit a full time, efficient and organised Website Support Assistant to facilitate all aspects of their rapidly growing business.
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery is a family business which has grown significantly over the last ten years. In the last three years, the company has committed to expansion by increasing their on-line presence, refitting their local outlet and extending their product range. Sales have increased and the company is now looking to maximise all sales opportunities.
This is a role with many levels and we understand that the successful candidate will not necessarily tick all of the boxes. We would be interested to hear from you none the less as we appreciate all things come in different packages.
Your job as the Website Support Assistant will be
- To add new products and images to the website inventory system (whilst mainatining existing data)
- Working with the sales team to create and optimize product listings and increase sales via SEO improvements
- You will work on a range of platforms including Ebay and Goggle Shopping
- Daily management and up to the minute social media posting to promote products, events and information based posts
- You will need fast and accurate typing and data processing skills with excellent written English
- Attention to detail and confidence with IT systems are a must with data manipulation accuracy being paramount.
- In addition a good understanding and knowledge of ecommerce and retail online sales, as well as business awareness would be beneficial.
- The successful person will ideally have a qualification in marketing, ecommerce, IT or a relevant subject, preferably to A’level or degree level.
- To demonstrate highly accurate attention to detail in information handling
- To be efficient and accurate in data inputting and information transfer
- A comprehenive understanding of Excel and spreadsheets for data manipulation
- To communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues about data processing
- A working understanding of shopping platforms
- Graphic design abilities and an artistic flare for presentation and layout
- Computer coding at any level
- Adobe photoshop, Video Editing
The successful candidate will initially familiarise themselves with the nature of the business, product range and the operational processes throughout the company. You will work alongside the business management and website providers to expand the information offered online whilst offering creative and innovative ideas to enhance our prescence online.
You will have
• GCSE English & Maths essential
• Computer skills ie data handling in Microsoft Excel in relation to accuracy
• A self-motivated attitude
• A flexible approach enabling you to prioritise tasks as necessary
• Good time keeping
• The ability to get to the shop and have reliable attendance
• Experience working in a small business environment
• Demonstrate experience of being able to take the initiative
• A willingness to pitch-in on all levels to grow a busy business
• Approachable, good humoured personality
Hours of work (42.5hrs/wk)
Monday – Friday 8am-4.30pm (with 30mins flexible lunchbreak)
Saturdays 9.30am-12.30pm (1 sat off/month)
28 days per year including Bank Holidays
Rates Of Pay
To be discussed at interview depending on potential future training prospects.
Email - email@example.com