Sales Support Assistant
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery St Austell, Cornwall
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery is looking to recruit a full time, efficient, sales support assistant to support all aspects of their rapidly growing business.
Westcountry Woodworking Machinery is a family business which has grown significantly over the last ten years. In the last three years, the company has committed to expansion by increasing their on-line presence, refitting their local outlet and extending their product range. Sales have increased and the company is now looking to maximise all sales opportunities.
• To oversee the efficient despatch of all orders
• To handle incoming calls where required and route to other staff as necessary
• To process sales paperwork and orders
• To support sales manager in marketing activities ie social media, email campaigns etc
• Assist in rolling stock takes, merchandise housekeeping and goods inward
• Attend and support events and shows where required
Nature of work undertaken
The successful candidate will initially familiarise themselves with the nature of the business, product range and the operational processes throughout the company. You will then focus on becoming more autonomous in the despatch process generally in the first half of the working day. The second half of the day will involve sales support on the shop floor and administration in the back office.
You will have
• GCSE English & Maths or be working towards them
• Basic computer skills
• A self-motivated attitude
• A flexible approach enabling you to prioritise tasks as necessary
• Good time keeping
• The ability to get to the shop and have reliable attendance Desirable requirements
• Experience working in a small business environment
• Demonstrate experience of being able to take the initiative
• A willingness to pitch-in on all levels to grow a busy business
• Approachable, good humoured personality
Hours of work (42.5hrs/wk)
Monday – Friday 8am-4.30pm (with 30mins flexible lunchbreak)
Saturdays 9.30am-12.30pm (1 sat off/month)
28 days per year including Bank Holidays
Rates of pay
To be discussed at interview depending on potential future training prospects.
email - firstname.lastname@example.org